[science-iwg] Bioclipse - Building Mac OS X installer

Hi Ola,

congrats to your latest Bioclipse release!
I also recognized, that you offer a native *.dmg installer for Mac OS X. How has it been created? Is there a need to use the "hdiutil" directly on a Mac or is it also possible to create the installer e.g. under Linux?

Until now, I was able to create installers for Microsoft Windows but I didn't found a way to create a *.dmg for Mac OS X. Aside from the fact that Mac OS X and Java 7 is really painful. Would it be also possible to bundle a suitable Java 7 JRE with the distributed RCP? I have no experience with such things.

Cheers
Philip

Back to the top