[rt-pmc] Copying code in Vert.x 3.4.2

Hi,

we would like to support PKCS1 private keys in Vert.x 3 and for that purpose we need a couple of specific classes that are not provided by the JDK.

A few (non Eclipse) projects have gone this way by forking an ASL class from Apache JMeter and giving credits to the author, here are a few examples:

- https://github.com/rhuss/jolokia/blob/b6010e3c053648eb280e57c1255f741d579b0688/agent/jvm/src/main/java/org/jolokia/jvmagent/security/PKCS1Util.java
- https://github.com/dengjifu/kit-platforms/blob/e3e434b54cbdc79ffd2f380313ea20239f7d1934/kubernetes-client/src/main/java/io/fabric8/kubernetes/client/internal/PKCS1Util.java

We would like to do the same in Vert.x as it allows to address the problem in an effective way.

Can you tell us which guidelines we should follow for this and also if we can do that in the Vert.x 3.4.2 release.

cheers

Julien

Back to the top