From: Jeff McAffer [mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:39 PM
To: Runtime Project PMC mailing list
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [rt-pmc] New Incubator Component for EclipseLink]

-------- Original Message -------

Hey Doug,

IBasically if you want to manage a distinct set of commit rights, you need to create a new project.  Remember that in Eclipse dev process speak, "everything is a project".  The steps are laid out in the dev process doc.
    http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#6_3_1_Creation_Review

May seem like considerable bureaucracy but it actually is not that bad.  Get one of the example proposals and creation review slide decks and you should be on your way in a week or so.

Jeff

Douglas Clarke wrote:
RT PMC,

We would like to create a new Incubation component within the EclipseLink project. We discussed it at our weekly committer meeting and have outlined the basic mechanics here:

The intent is that new ideas for features or new services have a place to incubate independently of our regular build/test/milestone process so that interested committers and consumers can try it our and provide feedback.

I believe we need PMC approval before creating the component in the bug database. If you have and advice on creation and management of Incubation components within projects and the bug database your suggestions are also greatly appreciated.

Doug Clarke & Peter Krogh
EclipseLink Project Leads