[rdf4j-dev] Planning session and next minor release

Hi everyone!

It looks like September the 19th at 11am (CEST) fits for everyone. Save the date!

If anyone hasn’t replied to the doodle[1] yet then please take a look today. I’m planning on sending out a meeting invite tomorrow.

Tomas from Ontotext is working on support for custom aggregate functions in RDF4J. SPARQL has built in support for SUM, COUNT, AVG and a few more. Adding some more stats functions would be nice, such as standard deviation, and allowing users to add even more would be even better. It’s also a missing feature for users moving from Jena, though I don’t think it affects all that many users.

I’ve set an optimistic release date of the 16th this month hoping that the custom aggregate functions support will soon be ready for merging. It would be great to have more features and improvements as part of RDF4J 4.2.0, so let me know on GitHub if there is anything I can help review!

Cheers,
Håvard

Back to the top