Re: [rdf4j-dev] Jenkins build is unstable: rdf4j-master-deploy #215

Jenkins runs on a Kubernetes cluster, I believe it spins up a new agent for every run, but I don't quite know what the resource constraints on that are, or how it is decided. But looking at the console output, for this particular run it says:

 containers:
  - env:
    - name: "MAVEN_OPTS"
      value: "-Dorg.slf4j.simpleLogger.log.org.apache.maven.cli.transfer.Slf4jMavenTransferListener=warn"
    - name: "JENKINS_SECRET"
      value: "********"
    - name: "JENKINS_TUNNEL"
      value: "jenkins-discovery.rdf4j.svc.cluster.local:50000"
    - name: "JENKINS_AGENT_NAME"
      value: "default-agent-2hbrm"
    - name: "MAVEN_CONFIG"
      value: "-B -e"
    - name: "JENKINS_NAME"
      value: "default-agent-2hbrm"
    - name: "JENKINS_AGENT_WORKDIR"
      value: "/home/jenkins/agent"
    - name: "JENKINS_URL"
      value: "http://jenkins-ui.rdf4j.svc.cluster.local/rdf4j/"
    - name: "HOME"
      value: "/home/jenkins"
    image: "eclipsecbijenkins/jenkins-agent:3.35@sha256:dff125e05404688a78bd67d5b47d107d98ec7583282e8ed9ca6646a2a76874e2"
    imagePullPolicy: "IfNotPresent"
    name: "jnlp"
    resources:
      limits:
        memory: "4096Mi"
        cpu: "2000m"
      requests:
        memory: "4096Mi"
        cpu: "1000m"

I'm no kubernetes expert but I believe this means it has 4G memory and at least 1 cpu core, with an upper limit of 2 cores. I guess have 1 core means there will be OS-level task switching to handle concurrent threads but that really shouldn't influence our tests, should it?

Jeen

Another one of my tests is failing. I’m wondering what kind of resources Jenkins has? Is it just very very resource constrained so that multithreaded tests execute in serial?