Re: [rdf4j-dev] NativeStore and file sync

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:43 AM Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's disabled by default because, if I remember correctly, its performance is very poor on larger update operations. However, you are correct of course that it somewhat compromises on the failsafe aspect of the store.

I just realized that, as far as I'm aware, we haven't really tested if that is still the case since we moved to the optimistic locking approach for native stores (the whole SailSourceConnection setup - introduced in Sesame 2.8). It handles disk sync quite differently from how this was handled in the "classic" native store. All the more reason to do some comparative analysis.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top