[rdf4j-dev] Inferred and Explicit sail branch

Hi,

I've been looking at the way inferred and explicit statements are handled. In the memory store I can see that all statements are stored in the same pile, with a boolean flag for each statement. I think it's done the same way for the native store....but not sure...?

Since there is an isolation level issue when using the union sail (1) I was wondering if it's time to do away with the dual sail source abstraction?

This might also make queries over inferred data faster, since you don't end up executing the getStatements(...) method twice - once per sail source.

What I'm wondering about then is how bad of an idea this is? Will we need to add a flag to every statement? Will we need to have a tri-state flag for "inferred+explicit", "explicit only" and "inferred only"? How many breaking changes will this introduce....and how open are we to making those and moving to RDF4J 4.0 within the next 3-6 months?

Håvard

Back to the top