Re: [rdf4j-dev] validating a file with shacl sail

I’ll fix that typo.

The ShaclSail supports implicit targets when the subject is both a NodeShape / PropertyShape and an rdfs:Class. Maybe one of the owl imports contains that info.

13/11 minutes sounds decent, but I wonder how it would compare to for instance Stardog.

There are still a lot of performance tuning options for the ShaclSail. I’ve been experimenting with a new memory store, but it’s too slow during indexing at the moment. Pushing joins to “before” the sorting might help. Maybe we can optimize for minCount 1, and even for combination of minCount/maxCount 1 => exactly 1.

As you say, this isn’t the scenario I built the SHACL engine to handle. It’s supposed to be fast when making small changes to a large database. Single-shot validation of a file is still a big use case out there, so it’s worth the effort making that fast too.

Is there a way you could share your data? Eg. is it public with a license that means it could be included in the RDF4J repo as a benchmark file (or a smaller subset)?

Thank you for letting me know how it went!

Håvard