[rdf4j-dev] rdf4j 2.5 release planning

I suggest that for RDF4J 2.5.0, we aim for a release on Thursday, February 7. Working backwards, this means we need to be ready for starting a release review on Wednesday, January 27. Planning conservatively, I'd like our open CQs resolved a week before that, on January 20, so that we have enough time to get our IP log approved.

I'd like to get a Milestone build for 2.5 out the door around January 20 as well, so  we can get some early-adopter feedback.

We can continue adding features and fixes right up to the start of release review, when ideally I'd like to feature-freeze and only accept fixes to existing features. Please keep an eye on your issue tickets in Github, and make sure they have the correct version milestone set.

I'll start prepping release documentation ASAP so that we're good to go. Of course, if something comes up we can always push back by two weeks. But I believe we have enough new stuff to make this useful.

After 2.5 is out the door, my current plan is start development of a new major release, 3.0. This means that 2.5 is intended to be the last of the 2.x rang (patch releases excepted of course).

Thoughts?

Jeen

Back to the top