[rdf4j-dev] 2.4.1 patch release next week

Hi folks,

We have 5 bug fixes sitting on the master branch, one a rather important security vulnerability fix, the other 4 all GeoSPARQL-related:

I'd like to get these out in the open ASAP, so I want to do a patch release early next week. If you have any further bug fixes that you are working on or think you can finish and get in there, let me know.

Also: are there any takers for actually handling the release? Havard, or Bart, if you're keen to have a go at publishing a release, this would be a good one to put your hand up for. The steps are documented at http://docs.rdf4j.org/developer/ . In summary, what's involved is:

1. branch and tag the git repos, and set the version number in the project poms correctly.
2. Use Jenkins to kick off a maven build of the tagged version - this automatically deploys it to Maven Central.
3. Build the SDK and onejar, and upload via FTP to the Eclipse download site
4. Write an announcement for the website and the user mailinglist, and release notes for GitHub.
5. Update download links on the website.
6. Close the Github milestone.

It usually takes me a few hours to do the whole process from end to end, but that includes a lot of waiting for builds or uploads to finish.

I'm happy to do it myself if you're not available, but I thought it might be good to have someone else than me do it for a change. Of course I'll be available to assist where necessary.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top