Re: [rdf4j-dev] Please review: new RDF / RDF4J tutorial

Hi Jeen,

This looks very nice. It was a bit of a struggle to figure out rdf4j (sesame at that time) when I first got started, the guides at the time were a bit shorter than this one and a bit less step by step.

As far as the tutorial goes, it’s great. Haven’t read all of it, just browsed around a bit and read the beginning. One thing I noticed, but that might be because of what I’m used to, is the colour of literals in the diagrams. I’m used to literals and resources being visually distinct. On the other hand, that might be confusing to beginners.

I also never used Models for anything, and still don’t. In our project we use iterators or SPARQL to interact with our data, which meant we ended up with a Repository. Models were a bit confusing coming from Jena, where models can be used with SPARQL queries.

Cheers,
Håvard M. Ottestad

Håvard