[rap-dev] Rap Gerrit code review report

Dear Eclipse Rap developers,

I am Enrico, a researcher at the University of Zurich and I am studying how to evaluate the code review process to understand how it could be improved.

I created a tool that analyses the changes that happen during a review on Gerrit, to measure the effects of code review on code and understand which kinds changes reviewers pay attention to.

For example, are you aware that the majority of the changes happened during a code review in the last year in your project involve documentation issues?

My goal is to give developers insight on what really happens during the code review process to check if this matches their expectations or if the process can be improved (e.g. improving the way in which reviewers are chosen, revising the code review policies and so on.)

You will more data about your project at the following link:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5175121/Code-review-changes-report-Rap

I would like to understand better what works already and what still needs to be improved. I am planning to keep improving the tool adding more and more feature, but I would need your help to understand which information should be added/removed etc.

For this reason, the link contains the report and some questions we would like to ask you about it. However, the report is designed in a way that you don't have to answer the questions (if you just want to look at the report), but it would be great if we could know what you think about our tool/report. Answering will take you 5/10 minutes.

If you have any question about the report or our research, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much for your time and sorry for bothering you.

Cheers,
Enrico

Back to the top