Re: [ptp-user] git version control and synchronized project are not working

On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 09:22:34 you wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> i ran into another (and from my point of view much more urgent) problem:
> I have switched from "Remote Project" to "Synchronized Project" as this
> does fit my needs a little better. Besides this the error parser is
> working fine
> Unfortunately i am not able to put my synchronized project under git
> version control. As soon as i try to the remote build stops working with
> the following error (corresponding log entry at the end of the post):

Hi,

strange, I am using this setup (= revision control with git and PTP
synchronized projects) all the time.

Local host - ia32 + Kubuntu Oneiric + Gnu Compiler + OpenMPI
Remote host - varying, at this moment
                                     SuSE SLES + SandyBridge Cluster
                                      + Intel Compiler and MPI
                             but also was POWER6 + AIX6 + IBM compiler + MPI
                             or BlueGene.

Prerequisite - EGit/JGit/Mylyn from nightly build, currently
  EGit Mylyn	1.3.0.201201240916	(from Jan 24, 2012)

And I do (E)Git revision control on my local host, start on the remote host
with an empty directory and let PTP synchronized projects do the copying back
and forth (see "I get a Merge conflict for a file that changed both locally and
remotely. How do I recover from this?" in the FAQ mentioned below).

You are aware of
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/sync.html
and the FAQ on http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/sync-projects ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top