Re: [ptp-user] Need help about setting up and debugging!

Hi Beth,
As I open Eclipse, nothing seems to go wrong  in the .log file....
but as soon as I launch the debugger, the following has been append to the .log file:

!SESSION 2008-06-30 15:12:20.721 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20080221-1800
java.version=1.6.0_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2008-06-30 15:15:42.234
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3563)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3481)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:132)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3296)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2974)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
 at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
 at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
 at org.eclipse.ptp.ui.model.ElementHandler.addToRegister(ElementHandler.java:54)
 at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.ui.views.ParallelDebugViewEventHandler.doHandleDebugEvent(ParallelDebugViewEventHandler.java:78)
 at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.views.AbstractPDebugViewEventHandler$PDebugEventWorkbenchJob.runInUIThread(AbstractPDebugViewEventHandler.java:134)
 at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:94)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:129)
 ... 23 more

Seems there's actually an exception somewhere, but I can't figure out, because I don't understand anything about Java...
Thanks,
Fabio