[ptp-user] Fw: [photran] Pb apparently due to photran to install PTP perfomance analyzer with TAU from PTP 2.0.1 on Windows

This should have replied to ptp-user as well, don't know why it didn't

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
----- Forwarded by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM on 04/30/08 10:20 AM -----

             Beth
             Tibbitts/Watson/I
             BM                                                         To
                                       michel.devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
             04/30/08 10:17 AM         Photran Information
                                       <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [photran] Pb apparently due to
                                       photran to install PTP perfomance
                                       analyzer with TAU from PTP 2.0.1 on
                                       Windows(Document link: Beth
                                       Tibbitts)

Michel,
The problems you saw installing PTP including
>but when I try to check the whole of PTP, it tells me that PTP RSE
>Enabler (2.0.0.200804292220) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.rse.core".
is simply saying you don't have some of the pre-reqs (specifically, RSE
itself) for this plug-in.)
Since the RemoteTools plugin comes with PTP, you don't really need RSE for
PTP unless you need it for some other reason..
So, just un-check it in the update manager, which I think you did.

Wyatt is looking at the Perf framework / TAU problem as I'm writing this.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Michel DEVEL
             <michel.devel@uni
             v-fcomte.fr>                                               To
             Sent by:                  PTP User list
             photran-bounces@e         <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc
                                       Photran Information
                                       <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             04/30/08 08:38 AM                                     Subject
                                       [photran] Pb apparently due to
                                       photran to install PTP perfomance
             Please respond to         analyzer with TAU from PTP 2.0.1 on
             michel.devel@univ         Windows
                -fcomte.fr;
             Please respond to
                  Photran
                Information
             <photran@eclipse.
                   org>

Greg Watson a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have just uploaded the 2.0.1 release of PTP. This is a bug-fix
> release that includes the following:

Hi,

I took this occasion to try to restart from scratch for installing
eclipse/CDT/photran/PTP on Windows (+Cygwin), since I have had quite a
lot of trouble  to use eclipse/CDT/photran on Windows due to conflicts
in the eclipse update procedure and maybe my configuration of the
environment variables concerning Cygwin/Mingw/gfortran/g95.

- I erased completely my previous eclipse directory,
- I downloaded the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ developpers Windows bundle on
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ and installed it.
- I downloaded the "Photran Feature (Complete)" (4.0.3) from
http://www.eclipse.org/photran/download.php and unzipped the content of
plugins in the plugins directory of eclipse then the content of features
in the features directory of eclipse
- I tested it with the projects I already have and that had problems to
compile under my previous configuration for various reasons => normal
Makefile projects => OK (after a "refresh" because it first told it
could not find some things), managed build project => OK after a change
from gfortran to g95 (Pb of configuration of gfortran on my machine)
- I tried to install PTP 2.0.1 with the update site
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/releases/2.0
but when I try to check the whole of PTP, it tells me that PTP RSE
Enabler (2.0.0.200804292220) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.rse.core".
So I checked Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime 2.0.3.v....
Then the error message changes to " PTP Performance Analysis Framework
for TAU (1.0.1.200804292220) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.photran.ui"."
in spite of the fact that I am sure this plugin is here since photran
works.
Then I unchecked the 2 lines concerning PTP performance analyzer with
TAU and this time it is OK.
=> PTP is installed (not tested yet) without the performance analyzer
with TAU

Does this come from the fact that photran is not "signed" whereas all
the other plugins are ?

PS: by the way, the serial code debugger seems to work better than
before for me (at least for breakpoints)

--

Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL