Re: [ptp-dev] PTP 4.0.3 builds

Hi Beth,

I tested GEM out pretty heavily on the first 4.0.3 build and all looks good. No bugs have been reported and nothing changed since 4.0 so this is what I was hoping for.

Everything also worked well wrt GEM in versions 4.0.1 & 4.0.2.

We're currently in the process of adding some significant improvements to GEM/ISP including some of the following MPI property checks GEM will flag:

* functionally irrelevant barriers
* Insufficient recv buffer
* MPI argument type mismatches (send matches recv, etc)
* list of unfreed requests after MPI_FInalize
* erroneous spec. of different message length in matching send/recv
* ... several others

We should be able to map right to the suspect line of source code in the Eclipse editor with a mouse click from within our new Summary Browser View. These checks combined with the guaranteed detection of deadlocks, resource leaks and local assertion violations should make GEM a much more valuable MPI formal verification tool.

Alan

Beth Tibbitts wrote:

I started a wiki page for 4.0.3 builds - it has this morning's (first) 4.0.3 build
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/4.0.3

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511