[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-ui-dev] version of GTK for SWT
- From: Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:00:35 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I was trying to untangle an SWT/GTK version problem and I came across the FAQ
Q: Which GTK version do I need to run SWT?A: SWT requires the following GTK+ versions (or newer) to be installed:
- Eclipse/SWT 4.5.x and newer: GTK+ 2.18.0 and its dependencies (for GTK+ 2) OR GTK+ 3.0.0 and its dependencies (for GTK+ 3)
- Eclipse/SWT 4.4.x: GTK+ 2.10.0 and its dependencies (for GTK+ 2) OR GTK+ 3.0.0 and its dependencies (for GTK+ 3)
- Eclipse/SWT 4.3.x: GTK+ 2.10.0 and its dependencies
- Eclipse/SWT 3.8.x: GTK+ 2.6.0 and its dependencies
- Eclipse/SWT 3.6.x - 3.7.x: GTK+ 2.4.1 and its dependencies
- Eclipse/SWT 3.0.x - 3.5.x: GTK+ 2.2.1 and its dependencies
- Eclipse/SWT 2.1.x: GTK+ 2.0.6 and its dependencies
On the project plans
ÂI couldn't find any reference to which version of GTK, other than the generic GTK+3 major version requirement.
I have seen various emails/bugs which indicate that 3.18 or 3.22 is the minimum.
BTW the particular question I am trying to answer is what is the minimum and recommended GTK version for Neon/4.6.
Thanks for any insights.