[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-ui-dev] How to contibute an item to the status line that's shared by all editors / views?
- From: Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 03:43:28 +0000
- Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AQHUFm0k5QeKg7qPZE2HH0bQmYHILw==
- Thread-topic: How to contibute an item to the status line that's shared by all editors / views?
I'm writing a plugin and I would like it to contribute an item (status field) to the status line that's "global", i.e. not specific to a particular editor or view.
The existing contributions to the status line that I could find are done via EditorActionBarContributor, but those are specific to an editor.
I was able to get it to work by using either WorkbenchPage.getActionBars().getStatusLineManager() or WorkbenchWindow.getStatusLineManager() to access the window's global status line manager, but neither of those is public API. Is there a supported, public-API way to contribute to the global status line?