I would wait until
the API is consumed and proven. The PMC usually approves new APIs. but
might reject changes.
Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> To:
development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> Cc:
Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date:
[eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze Sent
I'm working on a change (parallel builds)
which at some point would require an API: mostly a couple of preference
symbol definitions and a couple of getter/setters in WorkspaceDescription.
However, I'm not 100% confident that this [initially opt-in] feature can
be fully part of M6. What is the best way to proceed in such
case? Should I already prepare a Gerrit patch with the API additions and
try to get it in by M6 even if it's not used right away, or is it better
to delay it and discuss it later with PMC?