Re: [platform-ui-dev] Emojis in menu label

Those are bugs to report to Notepad and Word developers.

So you also tried it on Eclipse IDE menus and saw black and white icons too? If so, I have one question for you: do you think it's better to have a black and white icon in a menu, or no icon? Do you feel we could start using emojis from now on, even without SWT on Windows not supporting colored ones; or is this black&white thing perceived as a blocker for wider usage of emojis?
Also, another deeper question: how much effort do we place in creating icons and exporting them to various sizes and so on and setting up scaling of images, compared to how much effort it would be to support colored emojis on Windows? If we find out emojis can solve many of our future use-cases, if may be profitable to make this investment in SWT/Windows port (which I have no clue how big it is ;).

Back to the top