[platform-ui-dev] command enablement in view toolbar

Hi,
I'm trying to use a commands in a view toolbar and I have a problem with enablement.  My command's enablement should depend on the view in which it appears, but the command handler is global so it changes whenever the active part changes.  This makes the command look broken when my view is not the active part.

I know from looking at commands a couple years back that this was a known limitation of the command framework... at the time I gave up on using commands for this reason.  I've run into this problem again and I'm trying to find out whether there is a solution now.

I've searched through the bugs a bit and I've only found one reference to this problem in bug 180203 comment #11.  Is there a bug specifically for this problem and has it been fixed?

Thanks,
Pawel

Back to the top