Re: [platform-ui-dev] Open a file programatically in Eclipse editor -- please help if possible

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Rohit Girme <rgirme@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> This may be a well discussed topic for most of you. Let me explain what I am
> trying to do. I am trying to open a file(a .c file to be specific) external
> to Eclipse( not in a eclipse project in its workspace) programatically in
> Eclipse editor.

Rohit, please post inquiries about how to use the Eclipse platform / platform APIs in the forums. The mailing list is for discussions about the actual development of the Eclipse platform. That is, discussions amongst the team and prospective contributors about what to work on, import bugs, etc, etc.

I see you have already made a post in the forums. In any event, your first code snippet looks okay. Without further information, we cannot help you. Please follow-up on the forum thread.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=161657&start=0&

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen