[platform-ui-dev] Our endgame plan for 3.5.1 Fwd: [eclipse-pmc] Galileo SR1 endgame

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3_5_1.php

PW

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] Galileo SR1 endgame
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

At today's planning council call, the dates for Galileo SR1 were
finalized [1]. The only notable change from previous years is an
*extra* release candidate three weeks earlier on August 10-14th. This
was based on the experience last year where there were problems
getting the release train builds started that resulted in a very late
RC1 build. Contribution to this first build is optional. Based on
these dates I have created a draft Galileo SR1 endgame plan [2]. This
plan is based on the Ganymede SR1 plan, with RC1,RC2,RC3 renamed to
RC2,RC3,RC4, with the new RC1 inserted at the beginning. Please send
any comments on this draft plan, especially in light of the
retrospective suggestion to introduce more control into the
maintenance release process. I haven't added any extra process into
this draft, but I'm awaiting your input on whether we should make
changes.

Note this schedule requires our RC1 build to be *this* Friday, which
is very short notice. I suggest we let everyone know about this, but
finalize and publish the end-game plan next week after discussing it
next Wednesday.

John

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo_Simultaneous_Release#SR1
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3_5_1.php