Re: [platform-ui-dev] Annotation for problemMarkers

Please ask your question on the 'eclipse.platform' newsgroup and mention
which editor you subclass.

Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Ram Mohan <ram.mohan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                             |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |16.03.2009 06:03                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[platform-ui-dev] Annotation for problemMarkers                                                                                                   |

I am developing an editor for a new language.
I am able to mark the errors on the vertical ruler properly but i wasn't
able to annotate them(when mose moves over these markers) with error
messages.

I have added both extensions "annotationTypes and
markerAnnotationSpecification" and mapped them to markertype.
But, I couldn't see any annotation when i move the cursor over the error
marker.

I couldn't find any example and tutorial on how annotations can be added
for markers.
It appears to me that i need to add some MarkerListener to
SourceViewerConfiguration.
am i correct? Any pointers in this regard would be very helpful.

Regards,
Ram

A snippet of my editor plugin.xml

   <extension
         id="xmlProblem"
         name="XML Problem"
         point="org.eclipse.core.
resources.markers">
      <super
            type="org.eclipse.core.resources.problemmarker">
      </super>
      <persistent
            value="true">
      </persistent>
   </extension>

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.editors.annotationTypes">
      <type
            markerSeverity="2"
            markerType="TACT_Editor.xmlProblem"
            name="TACT-Editor.TactError"
            super="org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.error">
      </type>
   </extension>

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.editors.markerAnnotationSpecification">
      <specification
            annotationType="TACT-Editor.TactError">
      </specification>
platform-ui-dev mailing list