Re: [platform-ui-dev] How to initialize a customized column in AbstractDecoratedTextEditor?

Take a look at the org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.rulerColumns
extension point.

Next time please ask your question on the newsgroup. This mailing list is
for the developers of Platform UI.

Dani

             Jianjiang Ceng
             <ceng@xxxxxxxx-aa
             chen.de>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-ui-dev-b                                          cc
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [platform-ui-dev] How to initialize
                                       a customized column in
             12.07.2007 12:08          AbstractDecoratedTextEditor?

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
               UI component
             developers list."
             <platform-ui-dev@
               eclipse.org>

Hi,

I'm trying to customize a text editor which inherits the
AbstractDecoratedTextEditor class. The goal is to add an additional
ruler column to show some information.

However, since the createColumnSupport method in
AbstractDecoratedTextEditor is declared as final, it is not possible for
me override this method so that my column can be initialized.

Is there any other way to initialize my column without changing
createColumnSupport?

Best regards,
Jianjiang Ceng