[platform-ui-dev] is there an *external* implementation of *IWorkbenchBrowserSupport*?

Hi,

We would like to use the default internal web browser from plugin *org.eclipse.ui.browser* in our tool (TPTP).  But have not found a way to do that without accessing the internal package *org.eclipse.ui.internal.browser*.  I can imagine the eclipse internal web browser can be very useful to many eclipse tools so that everyone doesn't reinvent the wheel. It's a little surprising not seeing a public implementation.

Bottom line as long as there is a public implementation of IWorkbenchBrowserSupport, like DefaultBrowserSupport, consumers don't have to use the internal classes at least at API level.

Thanks!

Bianca Xue Jiang
ASQ Testing Product UI Development
IBM SWG Rational Software
20 Maguire Rd (office# 15301), Lexington, MA 02421
Phone: 781-676-7619    T/L: 403-7619    Fax: 781-676-7510

Back to the top