RE: [platform-ui-dev] Working sets on a workbench window

Regarding 1&2:
1) The breakpoints view seems like a special case that should not be involved in anything "global".
2) This is why we need support for multiple or "add on" working sets (an add-on would only function if a primary working were selected), and why one such add-on working set should be the set of resources containing errors. That way you would have seen the error show up as soon as you introduced it, despite its not being part of the user-defined working set.

Michael Van Meekeren <Michael_Van_Meekeren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/29/2005 02:52 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-ui-dev] Working sets on a workbench window

All very good points.

Kim and I are prototyping some things this week to try and come up with a nice solution.  I think it would be best if we in essence discuss this in terms of the scenarios that should be supported, I believe they are the following:

1) New Workspace.

       1) user opens eclipse on new workspace

       2) checks out some projects

       3) defines a working set on the window (from the toolbar item for example)

       4) poof.  All views that filter on working sets become filtered.

2) New Workspace, view working set is different from the windows working set.

       1) user opens eclipse on new workspace

       2) checks out some projects

       3) defines a working set on the window (from the toolbar item for example)

       4) user launches their application

       5) the launch fails due to an error in some code that is not part of their global working set