[platform-ui-dev] Re: properties files

For the benefit of the new committers I just wanted to point out that we
generally do not change properties files in a maintenance branch so that
people generating translations do not have to worry about being out of
sync when they start translating.

Occassionally (usually in the first maintenace release) we will have a
brief window when these can be fixed if they are important, usually due to
nl defects found by testers and users on other locales. For 3.1.1 we are
trying to close that window on August the 12th. I don't believe we have
any more problems for 3.1.1 that require refresh of translations but if
you do come across one please let Karice McIntyre know so that she can
sync up with the teams providing translations.

Tod

Douglas Pollock <douglas.pollock@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/10/2005 01:16 PM
Please respond to
dpollock and "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] Reminder: Build Submission (M20050811-0400)

There will be a build on the maintenance branch tomorrow at 4 a.m.  If you

have fixes that you wish in this build, please let me know.  I will do a
submission around 4:30 p.m. today.

I've also heard rumours that this is the last chance to get stuff out to
IBM's
translation team.  If you think you'll need to change properties files,
then
now might be the time.

d.