[platform-ui-dev] Commit comments

With new support in CVS for changes sets, as well as using things like the CVS repository history view I find it frustrating to see comments like "fix for bug 99999" as there might have been 20 bugs fixed last night and I just want to see the code for a particular one.  I would like to request that all UI committers use commit comments with meaningful text.  There are a couple ways to do this, I'm ok with your preferred choice so long as a bug number is included as well:

1. Exact bug subject

"fix for bug 92203 [Preferences] preferences package needs cleanup"

2. Description of work done if bug subject is not sufficient

"fix for bug 92203 move preferences code to workbench use ExtensionFactory"

3. No bug number but describe change

"typo in javadoc for MyClass"
"update to use new support for XXX"

I'm open to suggestions but I don't want to start a big discussion, just some meaningful comments please, that's it.

thanks
/michael

Back to the top