Re: [platform-ui-dev] Component framework proposal version 1.0.4 available

Sorry, everyone... I shouldn't have gotten involved in a terminology debate.

The component framework is a solution for creating executable extensions with dependancies. This is one requirement for creating nested parts, not the whole story.

Since terminology debates (and the corresponding rewriting of the proposal and code refactoring) is now taking up more time than actual development work, I don't want to participate anymore. If someone can think of a propsal that makes everyone happy and doesn't require me to continue writing emails about terminology, I'll go with it.

I do insist, however, that the same word is not used within the framework to mean two different things at the same time.

Otherwise, I'll simply use the terminology from www.picocontainer.org wherever they have a similar concept, no matter how counterintuitive it may seem.

  - Stefan

Bob Foster <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/10/2004 02:30 PM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Stefan Xenos wrote:

> There's two problems with this.
>
> 1. The words "part" and "site" are currently associated with UI
> concepts,

What UI concepts?
which would make the component framework seem to be tied to UI