RE: [platform-ui-dev] Component framework proposal version 1.0.4 available

I have to agree with Randy's comment that the proposed terminology isn't ideal.  "component" and "container" are two heavily used words with lots of existing meanings.  We have similar problems with words like "property" and "setting" - the definitions of the words are just so general that they can mean just about anything. There are bound to be vocabulary "collisions" with uses of those words in other components (IContainer for example is already used in platform core). I think Randy's suggestion of reusing the existing words "part" and "site" would be better. These words are already well known to have that particular meaning, so throwing away those words in favour of new ones just creates confusion and requires the poor plug-in writers to learn yet another new term for an existing concept.

Back to the top