[platform-ui-dev] Editor shared across perspectives

Hi all,
One feature we (at RTI) would like to see on Eclipse is to have the
possibility to decide if an editor window should appear in all the
perspective or only one particular perspective.

Currently there are two enhancement requests on Bugzilla about this
topic:
- ID = 11001 (opened on 2002-03-07): "[Perspectives] Would like
configurable "per perspective" editor sharing".
- ID = 21258 (opened on 2002-07-05): "[Perspectives] To have choice
about editor sharing".
They both talk about the same issue...
Those requests has been created more than 2 years ago, and there are no
answers or comments added since (almost) the creation date.

Does anybody has brought up this issue lately in the UI development
team?

Having such a feature would be extremely helpful for our applications,
and perhaps many other users.

Another approach to the problem would be to have two types of editor
areas: one containing editors that are shared across perspectives, and
another one that is associated with the selected perspective.

Any thoughts/input about this?

Fabrizio Bertocci
Real Time Innovations, Inc.

Back to the top