[platform-ui-dev] Formatting Source Tree

Platform UI is planning to reformat the source tree and organize the imports
on every source file we own.  This was previously put off for several
reasons, but I know of no reason why this can't go forward at this point.  If
anyone knows a reason why this can't be done, please speak up now.

There are many reasons for wanting to do this.  Mainly, a majority prefer
using the formatter tool on all code.  Older files, however, when formatted
introduce large diffs.  Rather than reformat files individually, it was felt
that a wholesale approach would be better.

The formatter settings being used are the defaults for Java Coding
Conventions; the organize imports settings are also the defaults.

After this is done, please format and organize the imports on all code before
committing.

cheers,
d.

Back to the top