We started on some of this today. A
lot of things are to be determined. Feel free to give ideas.
- not sure where we will put the presentation
work yet, we hope to get something simple ready for next Wednesday that
would be a good starting point to build on
- we hope to add an extension point
for presentations so this can be added from xml instead of hardcoded references
to presentation classes and factories, then the selection of this presentation
can be done via some secondary method such as a hidden preference or ...
- CTabFolder is complex enough already,
and should remain as is and another version of it (CTabfolder2 and ViewForm2
?? or some such) should be created. You could play around with the
version of CTabFolder in 2.1 as a starting place.
- will update as soon as I have more
<Ed.Burnette@xxxxxxx> Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/16/2004 02:39 PM
Please respond to
[platform-ui-dev] New Look
Reloaded - questions
Some questions about John's latest L&F plan (http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform/msg18591.html,
- Will the new presentation work be done in HEAD or in a branch?
- How will presentations be selected by the user (install time, preferences
option, - etc.)?
- Will there be an extension to define a new presentation that all the
presentations will use or will some presentations be 'more equal' than
- What should happen to CTabFolder - does it fork, get subclassed, get
more options, or something else?
I hope to make some code contributions with guidance from the UI team and
in collaboration with other contributers.
platform-ui-dev mailing list