RE: [platform-ui-dev] UI-based bug reporting / feature requesting

I've plodded along a bit further, attached are screenshots of
the two pages in my wizard. I've used the Ant wizard icon for
the image, if thats ok.

All the user has to do currently to do a report is select
the correct component, supply a summary, and a description,
in order to be able to report a bug. The rest of the information
is detected.

> Something to consider: using tooltip to describe the items in the
> product/component combo box is not accessible for people without a mouse.
I seem to recall some products displaying tooltips when a combo
box or text field had focus, and one pressed F1...Is this not a possible
workaround? Or if possible, a "Show Description >>" button which
hides/unhides
the description text field. I.e. slide out the description widget below the
combo boxes, and push everything else down a bit, slide back in when its
clicked again.

I have some other questions:

* Do you think I should pre-select the component for them? If I do, people
may
  be inclined to not change the default, and report against the wrong
component.

* I've seen in some code comments that its policy not to display error
messages on
  dialog creation, how is the user to know why Finish is grayed out? When
should
  I start displaying error messages? And I prefer the MessageLine component
  found in JDT to setErrorMessage(), but if thats wrong I'll change it :)

* I'm thinking maybe to go with Simon's idea to use templates for the
  bug report description text, and do away with the hard coded generation.
  Is any of the JDT template code API, or is there a plan to make it more
  general for use by anyone?

* Account management...How do other plugins store user login passwords? Is
there
  a public encryption/decryption API?

Regards,
Leon.