Re: [platform-ui-dev] Sharing views across Perspectives (sometimes)

This is the intended behaviour.  Views are shared across perspectives in
the same page.

"Randy Hudson" <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/28/02 05:13 PM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev

        To:     platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] Sharing views across Perspectives (sometimes)

I have 2 "Java Browsing" perspectives open (Perspectives 1 and 2) in the
same workbench window.  In one, I have ProjectA selected in the Projects
View, package P1 in the Package View, Type T1, Member M1.

Next, I go to the other perspective, select ProjectB, package P2, Type T2,
and Method M2.

Finally, I switch back to my first perspective.  The state has been
entirely lost.  All of the Views are showing the selection and contents
from the Perspective 2.  In fact, the Members View is really messed up, as
it doesn't match the open editor.

The problem seems to be that a Workbench window doesn't give each
perspective instance their own View intance.  Is this incorrect usage to
have the same perspective type opened more than once in a window?