[platform-ui-dev] Displaying perspective Icons along with name in Shell

UI currently displays the perspective name in the shell.  Can the Icon of
the active perspective be promoted to the Shell so that when I Alt+TAB I
see the perspective's Icon?
Coming from VA-Java and VAME, I like to open a lot of windows.  But they
all have the same Icon in task bar, and Alt-TAB only displays the text for
the currently highlighted Icon.

Also, I just noticed that all perspectives share the same 16x16 pixel
background with only a portion of the icon distinguishing that perspective
from the others.  Perspectives are isolated on the side toolbar by
separators.  I cannot find a place where perspective icons are mixed in
with other icons.  It seems like the entire 16x16 Icon should be dedicated
to distinguishing the perspective.  Perhaps the background could be the
identifier, with a small decoration indicating it is a perspective.

Another alternative, fragmenting the identifier into little mini-views:
This would make the sidebar much more useful because I could quickly
identify the perspectives.  I find myself always using the drop-down combo
in 2.0.