Re: [platform-ui-dev] Perspective Layout

Dani,

Please post questions about the use of Eclipse UI (rather than its
development) to the newsgroup so that others can participate in and
benefit from the discussion.

The way it is intended to work is that the space currently assigned to the
specified relative is split, giving the specified ratio of its current
space to the new view.
Other views are not affected.

So, if you want to have a one thirds / two thirds vertical split beween
your views and the editor area, and then have the four views have equal
width, the following should work.
layout.addView(VIEW_A_ID, IPageLayout.TOP,   (float)0.33, IPageLayout.ID_EDITOR_AREA);   // 1/3 of the height, full width
layout.addView(VIEW_B_ID, IPageLayout.RIGHT, (float)0.75, VIEW_A_ID);  // 3/4 of the width but the next two will take 2/4 away
layout.addView(VIEW_C_ID, IPageLayout.RIGHT, (float)0.66, VIEW_B_ID);  // 3/4 * 2/3 = 1/2
layout.addView(VIEW_D_ID, IPageLayout.RIGHT, (float)0.50, VIEW_C_ID); // split the remaining half evenly

Nick

Daniel_Megert@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/31/02 07:21 AM