RE: [platform-ui-dev] File Exchange View

Hi Kirill,
I think what kevin is trying to say is that a good way to gauge whether others would find this useful is to proceed with prototyping your ideas and share the prototype with the community perhaps by posting your plugin to the newsgroup. Kevin was also observing that if you needed space & wanted to work on this with others that several other folks have kicked off small sourceforge projects that are eclipse plugins and that perhaps you wanted to do your development there. Once we see the prototype and community reaction it will allow us to better figure out how to make it available to others.

Hopefully this clarifies things. There are also a number of bugs, feature requests and other opportunities for development that are on the hot list should you be interesting in contributing in other ways. We are in the process of trying to make these lists available so people can see how they can help out.

FYI - You had asked if the mail list was active. The answer is yes, and if you want to see previous discussions you can view the mailing list archive by clicking on mailing lists from the left navigation bar & picking the appropriate archive in the right column.

/Greg

"Kirill Stepanchuk" <kirillst@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/20/01 11:03 AM