* Are you suggesting the introduction of a new top level menu (either Preferences, Settings, Options, or Configure) that only has one menu option on it?
One could move other options like perspective -> customize to it , but this seems unnatural since it makes it less obvious.
* Is the alternative to place Preferences onto the new Workbench menu - this may appeal to you since the current preference dialog applies workspace wide (i.e. it is not responding to selection, or active part).
UI component team.
* Do you know if there is a lot of feadback with people unable to find the preferences.
* My guess (possibly wrong) is that folks just learn where it is. It is semantically different enough from
most operations that its location is unlikely to cause confusion. Also many apps tend to put it in different
places so there is no "common standard" - some use Tools, some Options, some Edit (I hate that one).
From: Rozenberg, Ilya
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: [platform-ui-dev] Proposal to rename Project menu to
I agree 100%. There is one more problem of this type.
3) Window->Preferences is not intuitive and misleading.
Any of it will be better:
One more suggestion
This is more obvious then Window, but less general then Tools