Re: [platform-text-dev] Problem with TextEditor usage for simple Eclipse plugin

Hi Patrick

Looks like your editor is not inheriting from the same source viewer configuration as the example editor.

Dani

From:        Patrick Mulder <mulder.patrick@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        17.08.2017 11:45
Subject:        [platform-text-dev] Problem with TextEditor usage for simple        Eclipse plugin
Sent by:        platform-text-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am trying to learn Eclipse plugin development. Now, I am a bit stuck with a simple example code editor which I was deriving by reading:

https://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Ffirstplugin.htm

When I try the Jav editor example, everything works nice:  CodeScanner, PartitionScanner, SyntaxHighlighting.

When I try my own simple editor example, I get some errors:

1) "Content is not allowed in prolog."  - this is unclear why/where it comes from. This error is not there when I create a new file with Eclipse. When I try to open this file with e.g. the Java Example editor, I see an error annotation but not the message. I would like to make the editor robust against this problem. But not sure how?

2) There seems to be a spelling check running on the code editor. This spelling checker is not running in the jav code editor example. But I can't see where it comes in in my plugin.

Thanks a lot for helping with this! It's hard to find more examples to get going with the editor classes.

BR,

Patrick