Re: [platform-team-dev] QuickDiff

> There are two basic strategies I  think one could take here:
>
> 1) Team can provide a helper/base classes that allow a type Team
provider to
> more easily implement QuickDiff extension
> 2) Team could implement a QuickDiff extension, and provide an extension
point
> for Team Providers to implement that is specific to TeamQuickDiff.
>
> Thoughts on which way this should work?

Advantage of TeamQuickDiff is that the user only has one preference to
enable (e.g. show team quick diff instead
of multiple). But, having a helper gives more flexibility to Team
providers to implement it themselves. Usually we prefer
providing helpers and base classes and then allowing providers the options
- for example this is what Team currently
does with label decorators, menus, views... For those reasons I prefer
option 1.

The current CVS quick diff implementation assumes that there is a
TeamSubscriber implementation? The provided
API may be able to factor this out and make the API TeamSubscriber
agnostic.

Jean-Michel

Back to the top