Re: [platform-swt-dev] Why Java Visual Applications is very slow on Mac OS ?

I do use Macs (both a dual G5 PowerMac and a MBP) and don't find that the drawing performance of Eclipse on the Mac is much different than other Macintosh applications. This measure makes more sense to me than trying to compare between operating systems. The differences in the raw speed of widget and graphics drawing is by far the most important factor between operating systems; Java has little to do with it.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---14/07/2009 13:02:02---Marcio,Ian Bull ---14/07/2009 13:02:02---Marcio,

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

14/07/2009 13:02

Re: [platform-swt-dev] Why Java Visual Applications is very slow on Mac OS ?

Marcio,

Things are probably a little quiet right now as many people who follow this list are on vacation.  I personally don't use a Mac, but I know a lot of Eclipse developers who do, and they swear by it.  I wonder if it's the version (or type) of Java VM.

Also, Eclipse has both a Cocoa and a Carbon version.  Have you tried both?

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

cheers,
ian