Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT pronunciation

Title - Who's on Sweet.

Scene:

A software development shop office with the usual fare of computers, monitors, half read journals, assorted books, empty pizza boxes and half filled mugs of stale cold coffee.

Characters:

Joe and Moe, the usual over worked, underpaid and kind of weird literal computer geeks.

--

Joe - "Hey Moe, I am building this sweet prototype for an application."
Moe - "Really!? What is it? Did you get the new project they have been talking about?"

(you get the idea)....

-H

On 2/27/07, Steve Northover <Steve_Northover@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think SWT is a "cool" name for a Java toolkit.

Call it anything you want.  Carolyn says "es double-yew tee" but who says she's right.

Steve

"Christopher Deckers" <chrriis@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/26/2007 03:19 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT pronunciation

> in spanish it is :
> ese-doble u- te

In Germany they pronunce it "es ve te" and in France "es double-v
te"... and that's the whole point.

I don't think SWT is a "cool" name for a Java toolkit. "Java",
"Spring", "Eclipse", "Swing", "Ruby" look definitely better than "AWT"
or "SWT", and that serves adoption as well.
I thought "SWT" would/could at least be officialy pronunced in a more
trendy way ("Sweet" or something else).

Cheers,
-Christopher