Re: [platform-swt-dev] performance issues [URGENT]

Hi There!

If anybody knows where to get the performance statistics for Eclipse and SWT, please let me know. I need this information urgently. The product I work on which is Eclipse based is 2X to 4X slower on Linux as compared to Windows. My product puts its hooks into it's AUT (application under test), and through the hooks it generates certain events in the AUT. The slowdown is seen only when the AUT is either Eclipse based or Mozilla based applications.

Any information in this regard would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Suma.

Suma Byrappa <suma_byrappa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know how slow Eclipse and SWT are on Linux as compared to Windows.

I see Eclipse 3.2 is much faster compared to Eclipse 3.0 (on Linux). Where can I get the statistics of Eclipse performance (also the SWT performance)?

Thanks,
Suma.

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time._______________________________________________