RE: [platform-swt-dev] Inheritance and SWT

consistancy of internal structure between releases.

That's indeed how I understood the warning signs in the javadoc.  For the
SWT designers, it would be onerous to maintain compatibility across
protected methods between releases. I guess that's ok as a disclaimer.

But then again, the javadoc warnings are sufficient to convey these
intentions. Enforcing them through the isValidSubclass () method is quite
pedantic, in my opinion.

Back to the top