[platform-swt-dev] not true monospacing with eclipse on OSX

I've noticed that on my Mac, (M4, OSX 10.2.3), I don't get true monospacing. I'm using monaco, and I noticed that if i type something like "finally" - the "f" and "i" get compressed into one character.. i believe that's a standard feature for certain text for readability, but its not something I'd want to happen in a text editor. This also happens with courier fonts.

I was also wondering if other people were seeing the same behavior.

Also does anyone here think that the default font for the package explorer perspective is way too large? I really liked the size it was in M3 (and I like the font used on Windows' version of Eclipse even more.. its readable and doesn't take up too much space.) Even at 1280x1024, a medium length package name will be too long. I think an excellent font to use for this perspective would be the font that ProjectBuilder uses for it's file explorer. I can ask around for the specific font type/size.

I have been unable to find any way to adjust this font size in the preferences. is this hard coded in?

-tim

Back to the top