[platform-swt-dev] swt, gtk and gcj

swt appears to work well with the gcj in cvs.  I'm able to generate a native
shared library on Linux and run simple test code with it...

$ file lib-org-eclipse-swt.so
lib-org-eclipse-swt.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1,
not stripped

If people are working on gtk bindings, it would be really nice to provide both
JNI and CNI bindings.  gcj supports JNI, but CNI is pretty zippy.   It should
be possible to do this with careful planning up front.

I have autoconf/make/libtool configury if anyone is interested.

AG

Back to the top