Re: [platform-swt-dev] OSX SWT Options vote

Hello,

I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm for Mac (and GTK) implementations of SWT.
However, I think a vote on the Java binding for the Mac (what the SWT team typically
calls the "Platform Interface" or PI) is premature.

To move this thing forward, we must have a technical lead.  The PMC is unlikely to
approve a Mac port without one.  This person, in consultation with the SWT team
will choose the PI.  Why?  The SWT team has deep knowledge of the SWT API
and how it is supposed to behave.  The technical lead has the knowledge about
what the potential bindings can and cannot do.

While a PI vote is possible, the decision is critical.  I for one, would never vote on
an issue like this without getting down and dirty with a Mac - something that I have
been longing to do for many years now.

Steve

Suhail Ahmed <ilyanov@xxxxxxx>

11/15/01 10:19 AM