Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20100518-0800 (Timestamp: 201005180800):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

OK, thanks. Any reason why it's not listed in the Logs section?

Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Kim Moir <Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                    |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |19.05.2010 14:57                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [platform-releng-dev]     [eclipse-build]Build    I20100518-0800    (Timestamp: 201005180800):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test          |
  |failures/errors occurred.                                                                                                                         |

No, it's not a bug in the releng tests.

There are two types of comparisons the releng tests check for
1) Compare versions of plugins and against the previous release to see if
the version numbers should be incremented.
2) Comparator the binary content of the bundles that are built in the
current build versus bundles with the same id and version that exist in the
composite repository.  The current releng failure is due to these problems.

Here is the log for #2.
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20100518-0800/buildlogs/comparatorlog.txt

I'll open some more bugs for the current bundles mentioned in this log.
Also, I released some changes to the current build to exclude the doc
bundles from this comparison.

Kim

 Daniel Megert
 <daniel_megert@xxxxxx.c
 om>                                                                    To
 Sent by:                      "Eclipse platform release engineering
 platform-releng-dev-bou       list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 nces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                       cc

                                                                   Subject
 05/19/2010 02:54 AM           Re: [platform-releng-dev]
                               [eclipse-build]Build        I20100518-0800
                               (Timestamp: 201005180800):Automated
    Please respond to          JUnit testing complete.        Test
    "Eclipse platform          failures/errors occurred.
   release engineering
          list."
  <platform-releng-dev@e
       clipse.org>

>org.eclipse.releng.tests_*

This looks like a bug in the releng scripts/tests: it reports warnings from
the versioning compare tool but there are no warnings in the output - just
info.

Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

 |Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

 |platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

|------------>
|------------>

 |[platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20100518-0800   (Timestamp:
201005180800):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors      |
 |occurred.

Build I20100518-0800 (Timestamp: 201005180800):  Automated JUnit testing is
complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests.ui_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests.ui_linux.gtk.x86_6.0
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests.ui_macosx.cocoa.x86_5.0
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests.ui_win32.win32.x86
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests.ui_win32.win32.x86_6.0
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.gtk.x86_6.0
org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core_macosx.cocoa.x86_5.0
org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core_win32.win32.x86_6.0

HTTP Download:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20100518-0800